Thursday, October 16, 2008

There is no parade today.



I am constantly asked if I am in a theatre production.

"No, I am not."

In the summer its usually parades.

"What parade?"

And now that its October, well, Halloween is on everyone's mind.

"Yes, I understand Halloween is three weeks away."

Its becuase I dress head to toe in vintage dresses, hats gloves, purse, and to top it off, cherry red lipstick. And I'm not alone. Girls around the world (and guys) are captured by the same fascination of the past and its fashion as I am. There are so many reasons to be more inclined to dress vintage than modern, sometimes its becuase of a unique find, other times its becuase something will fit you so perfectly. With vintage we can be avant garde in fashion, we can look like a million dollars without spending it. We can weed out yesterdays failed trends to find our own style on our own terms, for vintage has had the benifit of time to let the real gems shine through.

So here is the beginning of a blog for girls who wear vintage, live vintage, and those who occasionally pop into the local thrift shop and find something wonderful. Becuase thats where it all starts!

This blog will be filled with photos of fabulous outfits, vintage clothing care, beauty how to's, and anything else that can pop into this vintage life :)

Enjoy!