Sunday, May 15, 2011

Anne Fogarty dress

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
While in Ohio I visited Revival a vintage/local clothing store in Akron. They don't have a huge vintage selection, but I always seem to have luck there. This time I found the most amazing striped quilted dress designed by my imaginary friend, Anne Fogarty. Remember her? She wrote Wife dressing in the 1950s, which I can now say is one of my favorite style books.

Now quilted circle skirts are a lovely little novelty I adore, though I don't actually own any (I know, I know, poor me.), so a quilted dress? With stripes? And pockets? By Anne Fogarty? For $20?

Jackpot.

It's fantastic to own a dress where I know a little something about the designer, and her thoughts on dressing. Like, why choose these colors? Was it designed with an event in mind? Did she ever wear the design herself? How would she have accessorized it? What would she have to say about how I styled it?

One thing is for sure, she would have worn petticoats! And four is better than one ;)

Anne Fogarty dress-Revival Vintage

Petticoats-Urban Eccentric Vintage and Antique expo

Hat-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Necklace-Inherited from my great grandmother

Swedish Hasbeens-Courtesy of Modcloth