Friday, May 6, 2011

Hopping trains in Ohio

Photobucket
Thursday night my cousin Ruth, Grandma, and I arrived in Ohio for a long weekend in celebration of my uncles graduation. Today we went to Kent State University for a special Katherine Hepburn exhibit, which was of course, fantastic. And of course, no pictures allowed :(
But the moment I entered the room and saw a collection of her pants I started squeeling, nothing says Katherine Hepburn like wide legged pants. There was one red pair in particular I'm definitely re-creating when I get home! It had costumes from her films, and stage productions, she was so much smaller than I ever would have imagined!
After that we visited the site of the Kent State shooting, it was the 41st anniversary a couple days ago, so there were flowers and chalk drawings everywhere.
Lunch was in an antique train depot, so photos on trains is a must :) I love how old things are here, west coast is fairly limited in really old buildings and such, but here it's an abandoned barn, row of victorian houses, brick road, bloggers paradise ;)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photos by Ruth

Sweater-Handmade by me using this pattern

Blouse-Camas Antiques

Skirt-Estate sale

Boots and bag-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Socks-Dressbarn