Wednesday, June 15, 2011

How to look good in finger waves when you don't look good in finger waves.

Photobucket
This isn't the best finger wave attempt in the world, but I consider it a success since I didn't burst into tears.
Not once!
Honestly I'm most proud of the fact that my bangs swept away so well, and that it stayed intact all day. I did get a haircut, but it's not this short, the ends are pinned to the back of my head and hidden by the beret. My square/full face shape looks a little off in such a clingy style, so I have to add height to my crown with a hat to not look squished. Since the right side of my hair had more length and wave than the left, I pulled the hat to the side, and added a pretty decorative hat pin to balance it out, pointing the pin upward to bring the eye up, again, so the overall look doesn't appear so flat.

So there you go. If I were to leave the hat behind, it would have a completely different impact.
Oh the magic of a hat.