Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Its hot!


It was hot today. Sam and I made it to the bins a little earlier than usual which turned out to be really nice because most of the other vintage dealers and hipster girls were not there yet, so very little competition. It's torture to walk by some smelly middle aged man with an armful of 50s sundresses and kick myself for not finding them first. They all just list them on ebay with shabby photos and high prices, or sell them to other dealers with shops. I'm the only female there that is a serious vintage dealer too, but like I said, the hipster girls my age are always lurking around searching for 80s stuff. The bins are quite a cast of characters.
Anyway, I came across this pile of adorable 60s swimsuits, (actually I think one is 80s but looks older). My favorite is the blue, it's just perfect I was so excited when I found it. I also found the best Laura Ashley dress, it has a sailor collar and looks so 1930s, even Sam thought so. I will be listing that next week though, so if you want a sneak peek, my mailing list participants get first look :)
I also decided I really need to sew that 1930s dress, so I borrowed Lisa's sewing machine for a bit and then Thursday we are going to the big fabric store where they have rows and rows of reproduction feedsack prints. Yay!