Monday, April 27, 2009

Polka dot


I got to work and didn't like what I was wearing. So I put on something else! Ah the beauty of working in a big vintage closet.
I've had my eye on the sweater for a couple of weeks, it's only from the 80s, but looks so late 30s early 40s. I'm especially fond of the length, it's so hard to find sweaters that hit at my waist, since I'm absurdly high waisted. The skirt is also from the 80s, but is perfectly cut to look 30s, I kept both of them, and the brooch and hat stayed in the shop. Speaking of 1930s outfits, my dress is almost done! I've made a few variations with it, and all thats left is the hem and side fastenings, hopefully it will be warmer soon so I can wear it.
Here are also a couple pictures of my home, the mantle, and my dresser area. As you can see I have hats anywhere they can perch :)