Thursday, February 4, 2010

Quick and easy vintage hairdos


"I was wondering if you could suggest to me any really quick and easy retro hairstyles (not cuts) for just over shoulder length hair and a thin fringe. When I'm at college I have to wear a basic black skirt suit and plain jumper, the only way I've managed to inject a bit of retro is through my black brogues! :( I have to wear this a lot of the time and would love to inject a bit more of my character rather than the usual: meaning to do a cool hairstyle but always ending up doing the same ole pony tail....

Love the blog as always, any reply would be fab

Keep up the good work

Roisin x"

During WWII women turned to creative hairstyles to add some flair to their rationed wardrobes. Hair piled high in curls, waves, loops and rolls, an interesting hairstyle added panache to an otherwise tired look! Having a small wardrobe, or uniformed lifestyle (school, office) means hair plays a big part in expressing your creativity. With a little practice you can master a few favorite styles that look complicated but are actually really easy!


Caseys Victory Rolls, Video tutorial here


Hair loops by Kafferepet


Hair loops via Niotillfem, by Elsa


High ponytail with bow via A Glamorous Little Side Project


Braids by Esme and the Lane Way