Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving in Astoria

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This year my family gathered in Astoria Oregon for the Thanksgiving holiday. The boys cooked the bird, and everyone brought a little something for the meal, I brought the bread and rolls. I didn't have any containers big enough to transport them, so last minute I lined a vintage picnic basket with a little tablecloth and viola! Way prettier than a large plastic bowl.
We had a great lunch, and afterward watched Elf (because Christmas pretty much starts the minute you finish eating), and worked on quilt squares for an awesome family made quilt. Everyone is designing a square out of felt pieces, mine has hats on it :)
It was a wonderful holiday, great to be out in a beautiful setting with family!

Oh, I suppose I should mention that this is the cardigan I've been working on! I'm very happy with the way it turned out, especially since there was no size on the pattern, hehe. I used this free pattern, found after months of searching for a pattern similar to one that was worn in The Edge of Love. I just shortened the length by a few inches, I prefer sweaters to hit at the waist. I used this yarn in the color "turmeric", which seems to sell out very quickly, easy to see why, I love it! And the vintage buttons are from a huge collection I inherited from my great grandmother Lois, they matched perfectly.
You can find more free 1940s patterns here

Cardigan-Made by me using this pattern

Skirt-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Blouse-Camas Antiques

Shoes-Buffalo Exchange San Diego

Hat-Estate sale in Ohio

Bakelite bird pin-A gift from Sam