Friday, July 1, 2011

Partridge family

Photobucket

This Swirl dress was in a big ol' lot of vintage clothes my sister in law Amy gave me, although at the time, I didn't know what a Swirl was, I just thought it was cute! It seems to have little partridges hanging out all over, and best of all, huge pockets!

Swirls are wrap dresses most popular in the 50s and 60s, that started out being sold as aprons, but come on, they're just too cute to stay at home! They seem to be quite in demand now, and I see why, they're the perfect "just throw on" dress. And in this case, a "hide a gross scaly sunburn" dress.

Photobucket

Photobucket
And of course, little cousin Dottie wanted in on the photos. She blows you a kiss, and wishes you all a happy weekend!
Photobucket
Photos by Ruth
Dress-Gift from Amy