Sunday, July 3, 2011

Balcony garden

Photobucket

It's kind of silly how long it took me to utilize our little balcony as more living space. Considering how small our apartment is (550 square feet), it's good to use every bit of space possible. I'm not quite finished, I still want a little bistro table for outdoor dining, and some more details here and there, but I have the garden space finished and I love it :)

We've got basil, mint, rosemary, cilantro, chives, and tomatoes. All growing like crazy! Josh and Amy are letting me use their pretty ceramic planters, and I have a wine bottle to water the plants in the morning. All housed on a vintage vanity found at a yard sale.

I found the perfect chairs at Most Everything, a vintage store downtown, thats has some really cute furniture. And the "rug" I made from a burlap sack, I just did a checkerboard stitch for strength.

So there you have it! Hopefully soon I can get those finishing touches done!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket