Saturday, October 30, 2010

Elizabeth Bennet

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I know I said I was going to be a spiderweb for Halloween this year, but the other day I found this beautiful vintage costume which is so Elizabeth Bennet, and required much less work ;)
Everything but the skirt seams are hand stitched, with some smocking here and there, I just love that there's that detail on a costume, we don't even have that on modern everyday clothes!

Pride and Prejudice has been my favorite book since I first read it at 14, and I just can't help but buy more and more copies of the novel. This one is my favorite, it's a beautiful hardback I got at an antique show, but I still have that very worn copy I carried around in high school.

I hope everyone will have a nice Halloween weekend, I'm off to a party at Twila Jean's house, but Halloween night will be spent watching another episode of Sherlock Holmes with kitty and a cup of tea :)

Happy Halloween!