Monday, October 18, 2010

Trains and boxes

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Today I went to the post office and took a few pictures of the beautiful architecture and detail it holds. I absolutely love the P.O. boxes, there are a few different designs, but these have the original number plates. I just know that one day they will tear them all out, and replace them with awful gray metal boxes, and when that day comes I'll get all the old boxes and line my walls in them, and fill the boxes with buttons and thread, and random little trinkets.
After the Post Office Sam and I grabbed some lunch and took it to the nearby train station. Right across from the tracks is a metal recycling plant (I think, there was lots of metal) so we sat and watched refrigerators climb up conveyor belts. It really just made me think of all the beautiful blue 50s kitchen appliances that have probably passed through there.