Thursday, January 20, 2011

Say "Jodhpurs" aloud. It fun.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I don't know when I started a teeny little equestrian obsession, but at some point it happened, probably from a collective of costume dramas and the Dior 2010 spring collection.

Downton Abbey has been airing here in the U.S. this month, and last week involved a very picturesque fox hunt. Inspired by all the pretty tailored outfits, I decided my jodhpurs needed to see the light of day, even if it was a very cold day!

They made me feel very sporty in a 1930s way, even if at first they seem kind of ridiculous. Now if only I had a horse and a mansion in the English country. Or just the mansion.

Jodhpurs-Fab Gabs

Blouse-Flashbacks, San Diego

Hat and boots-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Mr. Foxy-Gift from a friend