Monday, January 12, 2009

Dressing room.

My mother and I went to Portland today to go to Powells bookstore, and popped in Buffalo Exchange. While the prices have gone up ($26.00 for a used blouse. Come on.) I found the only three vintage dresses, and a few other things in the store to try on.

60s purple velvet dress. Yeah. I got it. How could I not?


Modern knit dress with necklace detailing. Kind of cute, but...not for me.


Deep red velvet mandarin collar dress with gold letters. For all I know it could say "I used to be a man". All the more fun!


Another 60s mandarin collar dress, in a pretty turquoise and gold.


I've been searching for the perfect over the knee skirt for a while, but I always pictured it black. Pink is sooooo much better.


I ended up buying the purple dress, the red mandarin, and the pink skirt. I'll need to take in the red one a bit, so it may be a while before I wear it. I wonder how it would look with my yellow hat... I wish they would have more vintage, since they price it well (The purple dress was $15.00) but they have less vintage as time goes on, and more department store threads. Actually the other location has a fair selection, so next time I'll go to that one.