Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Where did Alex go?


Today Nylon posted photos of Alexander Mcqueen's upcoming line for Target. Now. I've always been a quite a fan of his work, always so different, eccentric, and tailored to fit a woman's curves. E few years ago there was even some controversy over his choice of adding structured padding to make the designs seem more curvy and voluptuous, an obvious metaphor on today's shapeless models. For that I liked him even more.

Two lovely ladies in beautiful frothy jeweled dresses.

Why yes, I do want that hat.

If Elton John were in the military.

So you see, absoulutly crazy beautiful. Even in his lackluster seasons, he never failed in originality, and intense detail.

I was quite excited for his Target line. I knew it would not be near as spectacular as couture, but it would still have that lovely Alexander McQeen essence. Apperantly, I expected too much.

This makes me tilt my head to the right and furrow my brow.

Cropped leg jumpsuit. Awww yeah! (No. Really, no.)

It's like one of those slings you put a baby in, only...its missing the baby.

Remember what I said about that wonderful womanly tailoring?


As you can see these pretty much suck. The designs have nothing great to offer, they look cheap and so trendy, they are in and already out of style with the blink of an eye. And to top it off, the models are boys in some sort of robot high heels.

Alex? Where did you go?