Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Antique show finds.

Photobucket
Last week I was pretty down in the dumps about not being able to go to the Portland Antique Expo, which is over 700 antique and vintage vendors all in one place. Since we're going to San Francisco next week I was saving up for that, and decided that the temptation of unlimited vintage clothing would be too overwhelming ;)
But Saturday morning my mother surprised me with the proposal that we not only go, but she'll give me the money to shop that was going to come after the wedding. Happy day!
So I rushed and got ready, and since I usually plan my outfit all week I just threw on an outfit I put together for the photo shoot and didn't wear.

The expo was amazing, and we could have spent all day there if we didn't have a hair appointment at 2:00.
My goal was to find a Merry Widow to wear under my wedding dress, and not long after we got there my mother found the perfect one! And some awesome seamed stocking to wear Saturday also.

I also picked up an amazing pair of spats for the cooler months, I've always wanted some, and these look brand new.
Tucked at the bottom of a bin was a adorable little red caplet I wore yesterday when visiting our wedding venue.

In another bin was a little cream knit dress (I love knit dresses so much). This one has a 30s look to it.

There was a booth with four boxes of vintage patterns, 2 for $5. Surprisingly most were 30s, 40s or 50s, and my size, I would have bought more but these two were my all time favorites. I made the pants already, pictured in the first photo. The date said 1933, and I adore them, but Shayla and I will have to tackle the dress as it has more pieces and steps.

I couldn't resist a couple of things for my shop, which will be listed in a couple of weeks, but are sooooo amazing. A 50s wedding dress/prom dress that is all ruffles and lace, and the most fantastic 30s dress, I swear you'll go ga-ga for.

Ok, off to do wedding stuff!