Monday, December 21, 2009

It's cape weather.


Let's face it, capes are cool. Superheros wear them. Queens wear them. Magicians wear them.

This one is from the 60s, made of warm and soft camel hair. I love that it has two full slits, instead of just arm openings, plus it has attached belt loops to keep a belt in place. And of course when my mother picked me up this morning to go to Portland, she was wearing her leopard cape, we always seem to dress in some similar way when we are together. Like mother like daughter. But needless to say we looked like crazies walking down the street arm in arm with our capes. I did have a hat on, but then I went to the hair salon, so it felt silly covering up done hair with a cloche.

We did go to Forever 21, and I found the ONLY bird brooch there, which of course I bought. I would be dumb if I didn't.

Later we went to Buffalo Exchange, where I found a beautiful $300 Dian Von Furstenberg wrap dress still with tags for only $32! Yeah, much excitement. My mother also found me a darling circle skirt with cats on it, which I will wear all the time around Twila as I know she just looooooves when I wear cats on my clothes ;)

Cape, shoes, belt, gloves: The Urban Eccentric.

Purse: Michael Kors.

Tights: Macys.