Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gatsby Summer Afternoon (a.k.a. heaven)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I don't think I need to tell you that The Gatsby Summer Afternoon was fabulous. But just in case:

It was fabulous.

The morning of, Julie and I prepared a picnic lunch, then headed over to the estate with her friend Dave. When we got to the parking lot and dressed up picnic goers were getting out of the car I got giddy, but it was just a little taste of what the afternoon would hold. Groups of people had set up anything from picnic blankets and baskets, to tents with tables and oriental rugs. There were art deco automobiles parked on the edges of the lawn, and a dance floor and live band in the middle of it all.

Seeing so much 20s and 30s attire in one place was amazing, with every turn Julie and I couldn't help but stare at the detail and drape of many a ladies frock.

One of the greatest things about it was that most of the attendants were people just like me, who dress in vintage every day. I met some amazing people, and even a couple gals who read Vixen Vintage!

I am counting down the days until next years picnic, we've already started planning something crazy elaborate! I think every weekend should be a Gatsby weekend.

You can see ALL the photos I took in a special Flickr account I created for this picnic and ones in the future! Click here

Dress-Gift from Twila Jean

Hat-Estate Sale

Purse-Urban Eccentric Vintage