Sunday, September 12, 2010

San Francisco!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Today we spent lots of time in San Francisco, starting out with estate sales!

They were worth going to just to see the interior of the amazing houses. One we went to was a dream, built in the 1930s, complete with a sun room in the middle of the house.
But the best sale was the first, we made out like bandits! I found a beautiful mink stole, some scarves, one of those hard case knitting carriers, and Paradise Kittnes, Kitten-ettes shoebox! I think I may have to start collecting these things.

Julie left with loads of great goodies, there was so much I can't quite remember all she bought. But of course you can see it sometime soon in her shop ;)

In between estate sales we lunched at The Cliff House, a stunning establishment which used to be a hot spot for celebrates, so old autographed headshots cover the walls. We had a beautiful view of the waves crashing on the beach and really enjoyed our lunch, my mushroom sandwich was very yummy. We did get stopped A LOT on our way into the restaurant, and inside, because of our outfits, it's funny what an impression vintage makes on people.

After that we hit Haight street, and browsed some vintage shops there. I found a stunning 1940s black rayon dress with the most amazing beaded flower I got to wear later that night, fits like a glove. In one shop we ran into a group of men and women from LA who wore vintage, and it was the first time in my life I felt underdressed. They all looked fabulous, and of course are in town for the same reason we are.

In the evening we went to Speisekammer and saw Lavay Smith perform while having a wonderful dinner.

Tomorrow, picnic! Though I probably won't do a proper post on that right afterward, I'll be tired, and want to do it justice!