Thursday, September 23, 2010

Velvet cinch belt

Photobucket
Photobucket
I've seen old photos of these waist cinch belts that were smi-popular in the 1940s and 50s, but never came across one until yesterday. I am kind of in love with it.

I have some great fall things to wear it with, but it's still pretty warm over here! Well, warm enough so that cotton dresses are still required. I'll have to save up my wools for next month it seems.

For any Portland area residents (or visitors!), there's a great swing dancing night on Wednesdays at the Bossanova Ballroom, called Swing Time Speakeasy. There are lessons at 8 pm, and then dancing, and even a cabaret show! I will be there next week, and I highly recommend it for any dancers, or anyone that wants to learn, this week was my first lesson for Balboa swing! I need practice :/

Hope to see you there!