Tuesday, June 29, 2010

New purse, and raid my closet!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The summer antique show is coming up in less than two weeks, and I need some spending money! So it's time to clean out my closet of things I no longer wear, or no longer fit into, and put them up for sale in my shop on Etsy. So not exactly going back into selling full time, but I'll be adding things here and there if I find the odd thing at estate sales and such :)

So thats what I did today, and before having some friends over for a little get together to watch Wipeout, Sam and I walked to a local beer shop, By the Bottle, to get some fancy beers. I just got cream soda, because I think beer tastes like fermented death, but, I got to pick out cute bottles for our friends.

On our way home we found a cute house for sale and explored around it, peeking in windows and making friends with kitties. The house was pretty cute, but they had completely remodeled the kitchen which just infuriates me like nothing else. If I'm going to have a house with new kitchen fixtures they are going to be from Big Chill. I guess I'd better start saving up now :)
But it does bother me that realtors tell people to replace their original kitchen features (or other things), in order to sell the house for more money. I'm telling you right now realtors, I want a house with original features! I will decide what to keep and what to update, not you.

Anyway, getting off my soapbox for vintage houses, this one had a cool shredded cellar door in the back, which I had to take pictures by. Only problem was that it was kind of creepy, and I was afraid zombies were going to come up and grab my feet. Hence the questionable expression in the first picture :)

Last but not least, meet me new satchel, Darcy! Named after you know who. I've been watching lots of Jane Austen lately :)

1930s bow dress-Made by me from a 1930s pattern

Belt-Thrifted

Coach satchel and shoes-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Hat-Forever 21

Photobucket