Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's the deal with my pictures today?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ok, first off, I look pretty damn sad in the first photo. Not quite sure why, since I had a nice day at work (I love stylish customers). So ignore my face.
Second, the last photo makes me burst into laughter. Like, what on earth am I doing with that poor dandelion? I'm not paying attention to it. I'm just gazing off into the distance while showing it to you.
In all honesty I was a little shy since there was a group of people not too far away, and at one point a guy passed by and I said "I'm not a weirdo I swear!" as the timer was beeping. It's so awkward taking pictures of yourself when other people don't know what you're doing.

Anyway, this dress is actually a 1950s housedress. Housedresses were something you would wear during the day at home either over your slip, or over your clothes, so your nice clothes wouldn't get dirty. For instance you could go grocery shopping, come home, replace your day dress with your housedress, clean the house, and then put your day dress back on later to visit a friend. Or whatever.
This housedress has some stains and is well worn, which I love, it was obviously someone's day to day housedress. And the print is irresistible.
I see them every once in a while, always is pretty prints, and I think belted, they make great dresses, especially since most have big, roomy pockets!

All items in the outfit-Urban Eccentric Vintage