Monday, December 27, 2010

After Christmas shopping

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photos by Ruth

Today my cousin and I went downtown to do some shopping with some christmas money and gift cards we received. We went to Macy's, Forever 21, and the new H&M. All were super busy, especially H&M, Portland has been wanting one for years, and they had some pretty cute stuff! I got some socks :)

A few weeks ago I finished this beret to match my yellow cardigan. When I made the cardigan I knew I wanted a matching hat, but after watching The Secret Garden I just had to make a huge floppy beret like Marys. I would post the pattern I used, but I just had it as a guideline, I couldn't find one that was close enough to hers, so it turned out nothing like the original pattern :)

And isn't this little kitty necklace cute? I saw it and just fell in love with it, it has green eyes just like Hobbes!

The third photo is of a spot in Pioneer Square where you can stand and anything you say echos in a weird, eery way. It's always fun to do, before I knew about it, I would just see people standing there, saying "Hello!" to no one. It's right by the corner Starbucks, in the middle of the circular steps. Go there and echo!

Skirt and boots-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Cardigan-Made by me using this pattern

Beret-Made by me.

Burberry coat-Brown Bag Vintage

Necklace-Magic Beans and Vintage Things