Sunday, December 12, 2010

Another sweater dress...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Studio courtesy of Urban Eccentric Vintage


One of the great things about knit sweater dresses is that if the size is just a little off, you can do things to make them fit just right.
When I bought my green knit dress it was just a tad too tight, so I blocked it, using a spray bottle and an iron.
This dress was a little to big, so I soaked it to get the dusty smell out, and then tossed it in the dryer for about ten minutes. It shrunk just enough, and even shortened it an inch or so to a length I like better. After the dress was taken out of the dryer, I put it flat over a towel to dry, flipping it every few ours. Viola! Custom fitted sweater dress :)

I paired it with a rhinestone brooch, though it would look great with some silk flowers for spring. A little tip if heavy brooches won't stay put on a dress: Pin them to your bra strap!

Dress-Stars Antique Mall

Coat-A gift from my Aunt

Shoes-Buffalo Exchange, Hawthorne, Portland OR

Purse-The Church of Vintage

Scarf-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Belt-Lodekka

Gloves-Estate sale, monogrammed by me.

Bow brooch-A gift from my brother and sister in law.