Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I know. Weird.

Photobucket
Studio courtesy of Urban Eccentric Vintage


So yeah, this is what I wore today. Kind of the opposite of yesterday.

Every once in a while I get bored with myself, and in turn, bored with my clothing choices. Don't get me wrong, I know I have some really nice, and fun clothes, but that is of course not the root of the problem.

Does anyone else get bored with themselves?

This outfit is something I would have worn in high school. Actually, I probably did, but thats beside the point. In school, and a short time following, I was bursting with creativity, ideas, and constantly busy with one project or another, whether I wanted to be or not. This led to going to college for apparel design at the Art Institute of Portland, which led to dropping out and staring an Etsy shop for my designs, which morphed into a little vintage shop, which then became a full time job, and that was that. But I was overwhelmed with working every minute at my day job or on Etsy, and stopped, and relaxed. And it's nice. I have time to knit.

I could bring that endless chaotic creativity back into my mind, but I know that means a bunch of unfinished projects laying around the house, ideas on sketchpads that never make it off the paper, and my mind always in a jumble of this and that.

I've controlled my creativity to a point where I can actually focus on things, and finish them (well, most of the time). But I don't think my brian is liking that very much anymore. Perhaps I should paint. Or draw. Or cover lampshades in dried bits of leaves and bunny fur.

That last one may be questionable.

I've stared thinking of ideas on what to do to keep my creative little brain happy, which is enough to get me out of this boredom for now. Perhaps I'll start an Etsy shop of nothing but cat portraits.

You know I'm not kidding about that one ;)