Sunday, February 6, 2011

Vintage pajama, fondu, white elephant, un-valentines, cocktail, party.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Saturday night I made it out to one of Julie's fabulous parties, this time with a vintage pajama dress code! It was fantastic to see all the colors, fabrics, and glamorous silhouettes all in one place. The cozy mood was set with a fire in the woodstove, fluffy pillows on the floor, and endless yummy foods and cocktails. Everyone seemed so at ease, pajamas and loungewear are definitely an icebreaker! The girls were all in loungewear and dressing gowns from the 30's to the 60's, and the boys had classic p.j.s or smoking jackets.

This is what I wore, Julie snapped the pic of me last minute (thanks Julie!), I just had to show what I wore too! I found this Thursday at Magpie, almost by chance. It was hanging on the back of a pillar, and I've been looking for a tailored wool dressing gown and loved the clean late 1930s lines. When they took it off the wall for me, I saw the polka dot silk hood and was sold! It's like something you see in old movies that you think couldn't possibly exist in the "real" vintage world. It was perfect to wear to the party too!
Photobucket