Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spring in the 1930s

Photobucket
Photobucket
It was another sunny day, which seemed perfect for a rare mix of silk flowers and fur. Sam and I went to Portland for some shopping, he found some nice Marc Jacobs pants at Buffalo Exchange, and I found the most amazing dressing gown at Magpie Vintage. It's an early 40s navy wool zip front, and best of all, it has a fantastic silk polka dot hood. It's makes me feel very chic while eating Mexican take out on the couch :)

And a true 1930s outfit couldn't be complete without some torn stockings. What started out as a little pull, turned into both my knees feeling quite chilly.
Photobucket
At one point I got stopped by an elderly gentleman who inquired about my outfit. He loved that I dress in vintage everyday, and just happened to have a picture of him back in 1954 at a military dance, and a reunion. Sooooo cute!
Photobucket

We also stopped at Fl\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\sdddddddddddddddddddddddrt6ghyg

Um, my cat decided to use my computer as a sidewalk. Anyway.

We stopped at Flutter to look at all the pretties and say "hi" to King, the adorable shop kitty who is basically the gray version of Hobbes.
Photobucket
And of course the photobooth at Ace Hotel is a must, as you can see, I tried my best to make Sam smile.

I've been waiting to wear this hat for a week, Poppycock Vintage graciously sent it to me, and I'm just in love with it. I usually don't to full on shop promos, but this fantastic Etsy shop specializes in vintage hats! Right up my alley. And since lots of readers ask where to buy affordable vintage hats, I think you should know about it!

Here's a couple hats from her shop that fit into today's "spring meets winter" ensemble. You can purchase both, and many more at Poppycock Vintage!
Photobucket

1930s jacket and fur collar-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Skirt-Made by me with a 1930s pattern

Sweater-Fab Gabs

Shoes-Chie Mihara, found at a yard sale

Purse-Michael Kors

Gloves-Thrifted

Hat-Courtesy of Poppycock Vintage