Thursday, April 14, 2011

Baby it's still cold outside

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Today I visited some local vintage shops I had yet to go to (they're fairly new), and found something at each of them! I found this sporty little 1950s jacket at "The Vintage Connection", a mostly furniture shop, with some clothing. I thought is was another cute little rare casual gem, though I do feel like I should be doing some sort of outdoorsy thing. Like drinking coco in a mountain lodge ;)

My aunt said it looks like something a Matterhorn ride attendant would wear in 1950s Disneyland. Which got us thinking to where all those cute little vintage costumes are now. Disneyland basement? I must know.

Anyway, hope you like my little casual wear, I enjoy sharing them a bit more than formal stuff, just because I never see them as much. And it's nice to break the stereotype that all women in the 50s wore girdles and heels every waking hour. They liked comfort too :)

Photobucket