Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Fruit basket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I got this dress a while ago at Ladybirds General Store for nearly nothing since they sold it to me off the repair rack. It was in baaaaaad condition, it had been taken in with crooked stitching, had open seams, holes, the zipper was puckered, and worst of all had been "hemmed" (again, crookedly) with iron on hem tape. I can't tell you how much I hate that stuff. Most hems should be hand stitched, not machine, and most certainly not set with sticky iron on strips. After time the tape deteriorates, or just becomes sticky goo, and can ruin the fabric.

Do. Not. Use. Hem. Tape.

So I spent about a week restoring the poor little thing to it's original state, and it turned out quite nice! And when I picked up this fantastic cherry hat last week at Lodekka I knew just what to wear it with!

Dress-Ladybirds General Store

Hat-Lodekka

Shoes-Gift from Twila Jean