Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Going Green


I used to hate suits. Having a square jaw and shoulders I always stayed away from any type of suit, but last year at work I decided to try on this one. And how lovely it was. Since then I've collected three other 1940s suits, and am on the lookout for a 1930s one. The ultimate find would be a New Look Christian Dior suit, but that may take a lifetime of looking (and savings). A green suit has been on my wish list for a while as it looks so militant, and over the weekend I got this one at The Red Light. It fits like a glove, and I LOVE the nipped in waist.

Today I put on one hat, left the house with another, and got to work and found this one (and two others, ahem) waiting to be put out on display. Needless to say they never made it out, but instead came home with me to my hat farm, where hats play all day until it's showtime.

Dress: The Red Light

Hat and purse: The Urban Eccentric