Monday, September 7, 2009

Golden girl

Here is the 1950s dress I got Saturday, it's one of my favorites, I wish I had one in every color! The wrap style is always so flattering, and this sleeve length is my favorite. A good fitted sleeve is so underestimated.

Today I went to the other Buffalo Exchange location with my mother and Sam and we got $87 in trade! Woohoo! I got a sweater vest with hunting dogs on it for my 1930s fox hunts, and a little velvet hat and seamed fishnets. Sam got a really nice fall jacket and my mother a beautiful leopard one.
The other day I cleaned out my closet and brought out cardigans and put away cotton dresses. I had 37 by the way, someone asked a while ago. Thats not counting my fall dresses which are still in storage (wool). So I had 37 dresses, and a bunch of blouses and skirts all stuffed into a six foot closet. I would not recommend it. But now that I have picked out a light fall wardrobe I see the weeks weather predicts high 70 degrees. Thanks universe.

Dress: Buffalo Exchange

Hat: The Urban Eccentric

Shoes: The Nordstrom Rack

Glasses: Camas Antique Mall

The dedication from "How to Make the Most of Your Looks" By Dorothy Stote, 1935

"To The woman who would dress to achieve poise,
seek mystery in powder,
create romance with perfume,
and meet adventure by the tilt of her hat. "