Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lookout list.


When I want something I won't settle for anything less than exactly what I want. For years I searched for carmel brown, lace up, no zipper, low heel, knee high, affordable boots. And last winter I found exactly that. I have a long list of things I am always searching for, but am in no hurry. I frequent shops and am a vintage dealer, so eventually I will find exactly what I am looking for, no exceptions for anything less. Here's a few fun things that may take years of searching (and a small fortune).
Above is a New Look Christian Dior suit designed by the man himself. The structure is spectacular. The second image is of some simple 1930s suits, I think the skirts are my favorite aspect of them.

Here is the most perfect 1930s coat from Contentment Farm. 1930s wool coats in this slim style are impossible to find, in the past few months I have found a total of two. Yes, two. When I saw this one I nearly cried. It's my size, brown, has a button up or down collar, and its trimmed in leopard fur! Now if only there was a matching accessory, like a muff or a purse....oh wait. There is. As perfect as it is the price is still unreachable (although it is a great price for such a stunning coat) and the seller was super nice.
The other image is of a 1930s knit suit from The Chawed Rosin. I adore knit dresses and suits, the suits are a great alternative to fabric suits as they have a soft appeal, a few people mentioned on yesterdays post that suits looked too harsh on them, so you may want to consider a knit suit if you still want the look without the hard lines. This suit looks perfect, I may just attempt to knit it. Haha! We'll just see how that goes.

Here are a couple of realistic wants, a fabulous pair of granny boots, and some driving gloves. These granny boots are from Vintage and More. I love the two tone leather, but they are not my size. You can find these pretty gloves here

Don't forget, it's the last day of the Half off sale!

That is all for now, what are you on the lookout for this season?