Sunday, September 20, 2009

Jane Marple is my style icon.


The other day at Costco I found a gem of a gem: Miss Marple! Needless to say I got some stares while clutching to DVD's jumping up and down and squeeling in the middle of the store. They had all four season, each only $30, and thanks to the lovely world of budgeting I had to choose only one. I got series one since I had only seen a bit of one of the four episodes. I watched the first episode last night and fell in love with the opening credits. It shows Miss Marple getting ready to go out, slipping on her gloves, putting on her hat, and buttoning her knit duster. One of my favorite things about the show is that it is set in post WWII England, but she dresses in 30s frocks, it's so sweet. So it's the best mix of youthful curvy 50s outfits, and little old lady 30s outfits. Kind of like my wardrobe, hehe.

Skirt-The Urban Eccentric

Blouse-Buffalo Exchange, San Francisco

Purse-Michael Kors

I was rushed out the door today and forgot a hat! Oh well. Someone did ask me "Is that your hair?" today. Am I the only one with this problem?

Tomorrow Sam and I are going to the beach for a couple of days with his family, I'll post pictures when we get back!