Monday, January 4, 2010

A day downtown


This afternoon my mother and I headed to Portland for some good ol' vintage shopping. I was given some money for Christmas which of course was burning a hole in my pocket. At first I was going to spend it on a good pair of shoes, but none really jumped out at me. So where could I go where I know I would find something perfect? Magpie Vintage!
And of course, I did. My suit collection is one suit bigger now, with the latest addition being a beautiful 1940s black and white houdstooth number, that fits like a glove. Along with that I purchased a darling brown a-line 40s skirt, perfect for the end of winter and the beginning of spring. The owner and shop girl (I never catch her name) were as helpful as ever, and it was fun to see Gordy, the little dog who lays around and likes to get his belly rubbed :)
After vintage shopping we went to Typhoon for lunch, a terrific Thai restaurant in The hotel Lucia, if you ever visit Portland make a stop there to eat, or stay at the hotel if you can, it's fantastic, a mix of modern and vintage styling.

1940s suit-A gift from my aunt

1930s topper-The Urban Eccentric

Shoes-Nordstrom Rack

Fox collar-Estate sale

Purse-Michael Kors

Just a side note, Magpie Vintage does not compensate me for mentioning them, I genuinely love the store!