Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Socks! Oh wait, no. Sock!




Last week I started knitting a sock from a 1947 pattern. It's actually a pattern for boys socks, but it was really simple so I went with it. I meant to knit cuffed ankle socks, but apparently that was not meant to be as I ended up accidentally following the pattern for knee highs, oops! I also used 4 ply wool instead of 2 and #4 needles instead of 2, so it turned out extra thick and wooly :) But I think they'll be great to wear with rainboots don't you?

On another note, last week Sam's parents gave me a fancy camera! It's Lisa's old camera, but new to me! It's soooo nice, yesterday I got some cute pictures of my baby cousin (because babies are camera magnets) and today Sam took these sock pictures, so clear! So bright! Bear with me as I get used to it, but hopefully I'll master it soon!