Friday, January 29, 2010

I just realized I would be the crazy villain, not the darling princess.




My day started out in the 1960s, but ended up in the 1920s. That's what happens more often than not, I put together an entire outfit, love it, wear it a bit, get bored with it and change. I didn't so much get bored with the first look, but it seemed like something that would require constant touching up of lipstick and re-pinning of collars (actually the thing wrapped around my head is a belt).
So five minutes before leaving for work I decided to change. Yesterday my mothers friend gave me a bag with the most lovely vintage dresses she no longer wanted and thought I could find a good use for them! In the bag was a silk chiffon "coat" from the 20s, a 30s silk velvet evening gown, a darling red 40s dress, and this sweet, simple 20s spring dress. It's incredibly light and flows with every movement, I think next time I'll pair it with a locket or long string of pearls. I did manage to grab this cloche, which completed the look and covered my undone hair ;) Actually two people wanted to buy it right off my head, which would have gone over better if I had been in a better mood. One man kept on saying "Thats a great hat, but it would look really good on my wife..."

Um, gee thanks? I mean, what do you say to that? "Well maybe it would, but you'll never know! HA! IT'S MINE! AAAALL MINE! HAHAHA!"

...yep...Happy weekend everyone :)