Tuesday, March 15, 2011

1940s twins

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Twila Jean and I get mistaken for each other in out little part of town quite often. I have been asked how my kids are. She has been asked how things are at the vintage store. We have both been referred to as "the other one". Even when she was platinum blond and I brunette, people got us mixed up all the time. So we decided to have some fun with it :)
For the March Palmer and Wirfs Antique Expo, we found very similar 1940s sewing patterns in our collections, went out and got some cute repro fabric, and made matching dresses. Needless to say, we got stopped quite a bit. And were asked many times if were actually were twins.

The show wasn't as spectacular as it has been in the past, there were no women's clothing dealers :( But since my closet is bursting, I really don't need clothes. But bakelite bangles? Why of course I need those :)

I arrived at the show with two bakelite (and two lucite) and left with eleven. A nice little collection I think!

The ones on the top hand are my new finds :)
Photobucket

Dresses-Made from 1940s patterns

1930s Shoes-Flashbacks San Diego

Bakelite birdie-Gift from Sam

Hat-Don't remember