Thursday, March 3, 2011

Color theory

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photos by Twila Jean

Even if I am too tired, or it's too late in the night to do a full head of pincurls, I at least do three or four upright pincurls at the front. The rest of my hair can go up in a turban for a 40s look, or high ponytail for a 50s look. Not having bangs anymore, I look a bit funny without some sort of coiffure, and doing just those few curls can make it look like I spent the whole morning on my hair, when really I spent about one minute.

I'll do a little tutorial soon on how I do my hair specifically, many of you have been inquiring about it! It's really very simple, if you've never done pincurls before, this video is a good start.

Also, the jacket is part of a set of mink coats my grandmother got me for my birthday, this is the first time I've worn the jacket, but I've been wearing the coat non-stop for weeks. No matter how cold, I stay toasty warm! I absolutely love them, they came from the estate of a woman who once worked for Meier and Frank, and bought them there. They're even monogrammed on the inside!

Dress-Stars Antiques

Jacket-Gift from my grandmother

Belt-Lodekka

Scarf-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Shoes-Chie Mihara found at a yard sale