Tuesday, March 22, 2011

40s casual

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photos by Sam

I think it's the casual vintage looks that can be most difficult to put together. And the most difficult pieces to find! It took my quite a while to find an affordable pair of 50s jeans, old oxfords seem to be rare, and regular old 40s cardigans are a treasure to be had. I suppose people wore those casual things so often, they didn't last this far in the future.
This weekend I was lucky enough to find four 1940s yearbooks, and one 1950s, and have been pining over the casual little high school outfits the girls wore. I'll be sharing scans of the yearbooks soon, especially of some of the pretty hairstyles in the headshots.

49er jacket, socks, and purse-Urban Eccentric Vintage

Knit blouse-Part of a skirt/top outfit, Antique Expo

Slacks-Made by me, using a 1933 pattern

Shoes-Gift from my mother

Scarves and belt-thrifted