Tuesday, March 9, 2010

California day 4: Beach to beach and in between!












This morning we left Del Mar to stay our last night in in California in Laguna Beach. On our way we stopped in Solana Beach and snapped some photos, just because the signs have (most) of my name :)
Since yesterday when we went to Wear it Again Sam and it was closed, we went back today, so many of you recommended it! And wow did it not disappoint. They are having a huge sale right now, and closing shop at the end of the month (but will continue selling online). So there were some amazing deals, my mother bought the most beautiful 1950s polka dot Suzy Perette dress I've ever seen, and I got something I've been looking for for years! A beautiful black 1940s princess coat, fits like a dream. You can see it here. Actually, Sam got it for me for my birthday, he just doesn't know it yet ;)
I kid, I kid. He knows, hehe.

We also got to meet the gal with the flaming red hair you see modeling vintage all over Ebay and Etsy, which was awesome, but I am so dumb and forgot to ask her name! It was pretty cool though, and I was in love with her skirt. There was also a guy working who was really nice, and a snappy dresser, but I forgot to take his picture. I know, what a fail.

We arrived in Laguna Beach and checked into our cute little hotel, one of those that was once a little roadside motel but has been updated on the inside to include hardwood floors and a jacuzzi tub. Ooooo.

We walked near the beach a bit, and nearly blew away, then had an amazing happy hour dinner (lobster mac and cheese anyone?). Seriously, this place must have the best happy hour menu ever. Everything on the regular menu is half off! Genius.

Oh and I got new shoes. Actually my brother got them for me, he just really doesn't know it yet. Thanks Josh!

Blouse-French Connection, via Buffalo Exchange, Hillcrest

Skirt-Gift from Twila Jean

1940s sailor jacket-Buffalo Exchange, Burnside

Shoes-Madden girl

1950s sunglasses-From a giveaway on Pretty Little Things