Sunday, March 21, 2010

Deluxe Tattoo Parlor







Yesterday I tagged along with my aunt and cousins to visit my uncle Mav at Deluxe Tattoo Parlor (thats not him in the picture, thats Shawn). As you can see my little cousins enjoy being there quite a bit, which might seem odd to others, little girls hanging out at a tattoo parlor, but to them it's just papas shop. My lovely aunt actually wrote a post to that tune not too long ago, you can find it here. They love to get their own "tattoos" and as you can see the two little ones also added some red lipstick, gloves, and sunglasses to the mix.

Hey! I think she's imitating me with that face!

Vintage pin ups obviously had an impact on my life, when other girls were reading the latest Seventeen Magazine I was looking at Vargas girls, and while my friends loved berry scented lip gloss I preferred red Dior lipstick. Which makes me wonder how this exposure to vintage and pin ups will affect these girls, will they love vintage as I do, or will they rebel? Actually the big question is will they rebel against tattoos, which would be pretty funny, and show just how much times have changed.