Saturday, March 13, 2010

Little Bohemian




Most of the time I am torn between one thing or another, of the opposite nature. Long or short hair? Bakelite or rhinestones? Feathers or flowers? Which is probably why I have enough clothing for four full wardrobes of four completely different people. One is for that women who could live on suits and t-strap heels. The other for a housewife who lives in cotton feedsack dresses and little white socks. Another for the kind of leading lady you see in old films, a society girl. And then a bit for that carefree, bohemian type. There is probably more, but these are the big four I tend to channel. It is the gift and curse of loving vintage, so many styles to choose from, and all are just wonderful. But thats just it, there are so many styles that look great, you can't just choose one!
Today was one of my favorite types of days, that snippet between winter and spring. It's still chilly, the sun peeks through the gray clouds every once in a while, and the brightest flowers are in bloom on the ground and in the trees. That tender time where everything is waking up for the new year, and the weather is romantic and unpredictable.
I took a walk to my grandmas to see her new car (!) and we chatted and had tea. After that I walked to Twila Jeans and on the way talked to a man playing bagpipes on his porch, and made friends with a squirrel. When I got there we left for Portland and did a bit of shopping, talked of creme brulee and speakeasies, and I got two amazing hats! And the day finishes with Miss Marple, and pin curls. The End.