Sunday, March 7, 2010

Camifornia: Marshmallows and kittens!









This morning we headed to Encinitas to check out Double Take, a designer resale store, and Flashbacks Vintage, which has more modern than vintage but fun all the same. I bought a little burgundy 1930s style J.Crew sweater for fall at Double Take, really excited to find a sweater that was short enough.
Afterward we went looking for a lunch spot and decided to try something new. We came across a cafe that looked good, so we went in and asked for a table. They said they were just about to close, but it was fine and seated us. After about ten minutes of waiting at a table at the back of the restaurant with not so much as a glance our way we left, and instead headed to our favorite cafe in Solana beach. Zinc Cafe has some of the most amazing food, the tiny little place nestled between boutiques and fancy antique stores, there's always a line and for good reason! After a yummy lunch of gourmet four cheese macaroni and eggplant lasagna, we got a big warm drink. I had the hot chocolate with the biggest, yummiest marshmallow ever. Seriously, I nearly licked the cup clean.
The local market was nice, the produce was just beautiful, can't wait for ours to start up back home!
We just HAD to take a picture with the cacti, since we took one in the same spot last time we were here.
Last stop in Solana Beach was the Antique Warehouse, where I got my red purse last time! I found one must have treasure there, a kitten umbrella! So exciting. My mother loved it too so she got it for me ;) I love it.
There was a perfect pair of never worn 1930s oxfords in black I wanted, but they were too narrow, oh well. I just need to buy some repro ones, eventually I'll find just the right ones.
Tomorrow we're thinking of going into San Diego if anyone knows of anything good there (vintage or thrift shops, restaurants), I really have no idea what's over there, so any suggestions would be great!

Dress-Liberty Vintage

Jacket-Buffalo Exchange

Petticoat-Moms, she bought at Scuda

Shoes-Etsy

Purse-Antique Warehouse