Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day on the farm

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Today Sam and I spent a much needed afternoon in the rural part of town, where cows are plentiful and old forgotten barns line the road. The weather was so beautiful, with romantic gray clouds all day, and warm, muggy air throughout. Felt more like the end of summer than the beginning of spring. We didn't really expect to go anywhere, just for a drive on a Saturday afternoon, but the scenery was too pretty not to take pictures. I'm glad I wore my farm dress, the country was just the setting for it, if there weren't so many fences I could have spent hours walking through the fields.

We also went to a wildlife conservatory and saw tons of beautiful birds in the wetlands. Ducks, geese, heron, hawks, and pretty little black birds with red shoulders. Not only were the bids a pretty sight, but the mossy, tangled trees were well worth mentioning.

On our way back home we passed an abandoned 1930s farmhouse and barn and I nearly jumped out of my seat. It was the stuff of dreams (well, maybe just my own), a forgotten barn and house that is stripped of paint and taken over by grass and moss, so much so that it's now almost part of the field. I can't wait to get out there and take pictures :)