Wednesday, April 28, 2010

KITTY DRESS!!!!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I know, I know. Kitten overload.

You've probably seen Miu Miu's spring 2010 collection, which used a fabulous kitty print in lots of designs. Needless to say, I loved it. Also needless to say, it's expensive. What's a girl to do? Make her own kitty dress of course!

Sam took me to the fabric store and in the back, with all the quilters cotton was this darling pink and white kitten fabric. Kittens playing with balloons, I could not resist. There was a teal, and I think a purple and yellow too, but pink is where it's at for me.

But I couldn't just stop at kitten fabric. I mean, it's really cute, but you only see the kitties if you are close up. And I want people to know I'm a crazy cat lady from a block away.

Giant kitty pockets are the answer!

So I cut out and embroidered little happy kitty faces, to hold secret notes and candy wrappers.

But it needed something else.....hmmmmm...let's see....oh I know!

"Meow!

And there you have it. My kitty dress.

:)