Monday, April 5, 2010

Girls day out

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Today Twila Jean and I had little girls day out-a very WINDY day out! We did some thrifting at our usual places on Hawthorne, and then she took me out to a wonderful lunch at The Bread and Ink Cafe, where I had a mojito and bacon arugula spaghetti (yum!). As you can see the cafe building was originally a cute little Fred Meyer, I'm glad they kept it's vintage charm :)

We both got some really great stuff, she got pretty 40s and 50s dresses for her shop, and I got two hats (one I'm wearing), two pairs of shoes, a snakeskin purse, aaaaaand the most darling Lucy Ricardo style maternity suit from the 50s, even though I'm not preggers. It was too cute to pass up!

In the second picture I was laughing because Twila pointed out how I fit in quite well with the Tokyo girls on the sign, just as a gust of wind rushed by. It was crazy windy all day, we nearly blew away a few times :)

Skirt-Can't remember...

Sweater and jacket and shoes-The Urban Eccentric

Hat-The Red Light

Rhinestone sparrow brooch-Forever 21