Saturday, May 2, 2009

1930s bow dress.


Yesterday I wore my newly finished 1930s dress I made from an old pattern. It turned out darling, and so easy to make too! I made some changes, such as adding a different collar, buttons instead of a bow, and raising the waist to better fit me. I kept forgetting to ask someone to take a picture so I could post it, it was a pretty busy day at work being a sidewalk fair most of the evening. Luckily on my break I met up with some friends and Anna snapped some candid photos (I like candid so much better than posed) and posted them on facebook, thanks Anna! It was such a windy day, I was holing onto my hat whenever I went outside, but still a nice day for the sidewalk fair, it felt so much like summer.
I am so ready to sew another dress, that one was so easy I think I may make another one in different fabrics with different details, it's just the perfect day dress.