Monday, May 11, 2009

Vintage Vixens


As much as I love all those old fancy pictures of glamorous movie stars with smooth Vaseline faces and dramatic lighting, I get most inspiration from you vixens. Here are a few of my favorite photos. The Metropolitan Housewife has two adorable children and still manages to have flawless hair and outfits every time I see her. Casey makes me want to move to Florida so we can dress up and take cheesecake photos. She inspired a sailor outfit I wore yesterday, which of course I forgot to take a picture of.Dizzy Dame I just found not too long ago, but her blog is like looking through an old photo album full of pictures of a darling 30s gal.

I could look at Ella's blog all all morning. Oh wait, I have! Her photographs are most enchanting and imaginative. Johanna has an incredible style sense and her artwork is amazing, plus her makeup has inspired me many a time. Frances Baker is on the other end of the world, and while I'm getting ready for summer, she tempts me with talk of 40s coats.
So there you have it. A few of my favorite vixens, I hope they will inspire you too!