Monday, May 25, 2009

Moth hat


I got this dress years ago in Akron Ohio for 10 cents. This vintage girl was going to travel so she was selling basically everything she had, all of her clothes were 10 cents, except for an amazing carpet bag purse with bakelite handle for $10. I got some great stuff, but now wish I had another suitcase with me as that was the reason I didn't get more. Ohio has the cheapest vintage I've ever seen. A lot of west coast vintage dealers will go on east coast buying trips, because it's that great. One day I hope to do just that. I did have to cut off the sleeves since the underarm was tearing, which was unfortunate since the sleeves looked really cute and had bows at the ends.
I can't remember where I got this hat, but I love it. It's just a velvet band with netting, but it has feathers that make it look like moths are fluttering around your head. Besides the fact that moths eat wool, I think they are cute :)