Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I should live in a castle in the 30s.


Today I was thinking about one of my favorite books I Capture the Castle. I haven't read it in years, but remember one carefree, sunny, school day when I used study time to lay on the library floor and read it a second time. I really wish I made more time to read, there are so may books I want to get lost in.
What brought the book to my mind was my dress and the kind of breezy afternoon it was today, just like years ago. The story is about a 17 year old girl in 1930s England, who lives in an old castle, even though the family is poor. Ever since reading it I thought it would be just about the most romantic thing to live in an old castle and wear pretty 30s feedsack dresses all the time.

I've gotten some interest in how I've been decorating my blog lately, so let me explain:

Sam's mother, Lisa, is a professional photographer and will often give me photography tips etc. She also let me borrow a tripod, so taking pictures with that is way easier than setting up my camera on a stack of hatboxes. But the biggest difference since I've started Vixen Vintage has been using Photoshop. This month Lisa gave me a bunch of digital scrapbooking images, which is why I've gotten more creative with collages, it's so much fun! I'm still getting the hang of it, but she has been showing me some pretty cool stuff. So she is why my blog looks like a scrapbook found in an old attic ;)

Thanks Lisa!

I should start doing this again:

Dress: Handmade by me from a 1930s pattern.
Shoes: Etsy. The store is no longer in business :(
Bow: Monticello Antique Mall.